NAINA FOUNDERS’ LEGACY OF CARING AWARD
Legacy of Caring Awards application is closed. Thank you to all who submitted the applications for 2022.
National Association of Indian Nurses of America (NAINA) will be presenting awards at the 8th Biennial Conference to be held on October 7th & 8th, 2022. Applicants are mandated to Register and attend the Conference.
The Award Application is open from April 15 – June 30, 2022
- Previous winners are not eligible to apply for the same category for 2 years.
The NAINA Founders’ Legacy of Caring Award honors an outstanding nurse who embodies and exemplifies the NAINA founders’ vision of excellence and innovation by making a significant impact in nursing, and/or the nursing professional organization. He / She is a nurse who demonstrates patient advocacy, creativity, compassion and leadership in nursing practice and acts as a pioneer to improve the life of an individual patient, organization or community.
- Must be a current and active NAINA member who embodies NAINA’s mission, vision and Values.
- Must have been a Registered Nurse for 10 years or more in the US.
- Demonstrates commitment to the profession of nursing by making a significant impact on the mental, physical or spiritual well-being of a patient, patient’s family, organization, and/or community. (Examples include acts that exemplify caring and compassion, patient advocacy, evidence-based nursing practice and/ or service within a specific community or nursing organization to improve outcomes within that community or organization).
- The application should include two letters of recommendations (one from the local chapter president and/or past or current local chapter Executive member, and the second letter from a charge nurse/supervisor or a local community leader).
- Nomination should be through the local chapter President.
- A previous award recipient cannot be nominated for the same.
- Decision of the Awards Committee is final.
If you have questions, please email the NAINA Awards and Scholarship chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org