CONNECT, COLLABORATE & CONQUER
Learn About NAINA Research
Overall/Long Term Goals
- To engage members in the development, implementation, and dissemination of research and scholarships.
- Create a collaborative network among RIG members such as developing a directory of their area of science and population of interest, current research projects, and professional affiliations.
- Cultivate new generations of scientists through mentor-mentee relationships.
- Engage members in scholarly dialogue to identify and address barriers and challenges in the development and implementation of research projects.
- Recognize scholarly achievements among students, clinicians, faculty, and researchers.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic directions of the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
- Increase research visibility as a national organization
- Create and support Research Interest Groups (RIGs)
- Explore and apply for possible Research Grants
- Encourage and mentor NAINA nurses towards publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Institute additional student research award applications
The Research Committee Chair reports to the President of NAINA.
Composition of Membership
The committee consists of the following members:
NAINA Research Committee Chair
NAINA APRN Committee Chair
NAINA Chapters Research/APRN Committee Chairs
RESEARCH INTEREST GROUP FAQs
Would you like to form a team around a special research interest? RIGs are a great way to mobilize a team with shared or complementary expertise and goals.
Through a RIG, members can engage with other researchers in the field, receive consultation from senior researchers, find a mentor, or become a mentor to others.
You will need to become a NAINA chapter member or virtual member in order for you to be eligible to request joining a RIG.
To join a RIG simply complete the RIG Request Form. If you are renewing your membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests will be reviewed and you will be informed of the status.
Joining RIGs is totally free of cost.
RIGs are tied to your chapter/virtual membership.
Have a Research/RIG Question?
Please contact Anne B. Luckose
PhD, PM-ANP, APRN, NP-C